Greetings! Today on “ How to destroy the world ” we are looking at computer games Greetings! Today on “ How to destroy the world ” we are looking at computer games (Dia duit! Sa lá atá inniu sa chlár «Conas a scrios an domhain,» beidh muid ag féachaint ar cluichí ríomhaireachta). Chun a fháil amach as an réaltacht harsh brutish reality tá daoine ag teacht suas invented cluiche ríomhaireachta ina éagann a lán de troideanna agus spraoi, ach gan aon duine all the fighting, all the fun, but none of the death Mar sin féin, ní dhéanann daoine a chur san áireamh, cé go bhfuil cónaí go sona sásta go léir ar líne everyone is living happily online féadfaidh an saol fíor de bheith ann the real world can cease to exist
- How do you spend your free time? Do you or your friends play computer games? How often?
- Match the words and their definitions:
1 Nasty (adj) a Cruel 2 Brutish (adj) b Thank God! 3 Escape from (v) c Killer 4 Thank goodness! d Unpleasant, dangerous, or painful 5 Ogre (n) e Causing great interest or excitement 6 Slayer (n) f To run away 7 Sword (n) g To come to an end 8 Exciting (adj) h To be 9 Abandoned (adj) i A giant, usually given to eating human flesh 10 Cease (v) j To become very weak or ill 11 Exist (v) k Deserted 12 To fade away l A weapon with a long metal blade and a handle
- Mark the sentences true (T) or false (F):
- Life’s always been nasty, brutish and long.
- Computer games were invented as a way to escape from everyday reality.
- Nowadays life is still stressful.
- Susie becomes a space princess in digital world.
- Online Frank is ogre, slayer of mammoth.
- Ogre has his own pub, magic sword, but he hates fighting.
- The digital world is far more exciting than the real world.
- The real world ceases to exist.
- Match A and B to make phrases, translate them into Russian and use in your own sentences: